Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Election is Finally Over

So the election is finally over, and Obama has won, thank god, in my opinion. For those of you aren't in this country, you can go not pay attention to me, but I just wanted to think about this whole politicy thing for a bit.

I was a strong supporter of Obama. I was against him on a few things, stricter gun control, Mexico and illegal immigration, and a little bit about Iraq (I think we should make priorities, help Iraq a bit longer, but not send more money over, as they continue to have a surplus of money). But, other than that I agreed with a lot of things. I think he'll fix our economy by heightening the taxes on the top... five percent was it? and help with us less wealthy people. He's more of a poorer-person supporter, and I think that it's great, because hopefully now with him as president our social divide will be less.

I'm super glad McCain is not president. This is because of Palin, mainly. Palin truthfully scares me pretty badly (even though I think she's kinda funny). Mainly because she belongs to a certain evangelical religious sect that's out to bring about the death of the goddess, that believes even the Catholics are demon worshipers (they're that bad) and that wants to bring about the end of days. Pretty scary stuff, and I heard this from good sources, so I doubt it's un-truth or propaganda, because this group actually DOES exist and the like.

So, Obama's president now. It really pisses me off that people think he's going to destroy our nation. I don't think that's possible; I don't think he can do worse than what Bush has done in our nation. And, it really ticks me off that people hate him THAT MUCH. And, because of lies the media spreads. It's just bullshit. I don't hate McCain for lies the media spread. Fuck, I agree with McCain on some issues, not a lot, but some, and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fact that he was able to satirize himself on SNL. Someone who's that big, who can do that gains my respect.

I didn't like that McCain was basically 'McSame' in the part that he agrees with Bush 90% of the time. But, I don't hate him for it. He was a good sport, and he has my respect at the moment.

I'm sorry for the rant, guys, but the tension was just so everywhere from the election. I voted for my first time, which was kinda cool.

Speaking of that, Massachusetts has decriminalized up to an ounce of marijuana (I'm not a pot head, and have never tried the stuff, but pot's no worse on someone than alchohol or tobacco; if those two are legal, I think pot should be legal too), the income tax is still on for MA, which means we won't have MORE budget cuts for the schools and police and firefighters and hospitals and stuff, and the dog racing and killing is going to be gone. Yays. I don't know where the fourth question is going--the question to give all MAeans health care, and stuff, but I hope it's going to get proposed and passed. 'Cause health care is important and stuff.

Which reminds me.... I fucking am sooooo pissed at Cali at the moment. Sorry you guys, but you just fucked with gay marriage. I believe VERY strongly in gay marriage, as it's not wrong, it doesn't fuck with anyone, hurt anyone or anything, and it will help get more people used to gays and comfortable with them, because it would have a chance of being LEGAL. If it doesn't hurt anyone STAY THE FUCK OUT OF IT, would you. GAYS MAY MAKE YOU DISGUSTED, BUT THEY CAUSE NO HARM AND THEY ARE PEOPLE JUST LIKE YOU. If you don't like it THEN DON'T THINK ABOUT IT. IT DOESN'T AFFECT YOU. YOU'RE NOT GOING TO ANY OF THEIR WEDDINGS I ASSUME, SO BUGGER OFF.

Thank you very much. *seethes*

No comments: