Thursday, October 30, 2008

Issue--Iraq

Iraq has been a big issue for people, and is influential in this election. It's pretty much an issue right now of when to withdraw. I believe all that we need to do is to help Iraq with their issues. We should show their leaders how to lead, and let them handle what has been happening; tell them the basics of how to finish building their hospitals, their electrical plants, and their oil refineries. We do not need to keep our troops in Iraq for much longer if we show them how to lead. And, once we show them how to lead, I believe that we can leave (or at least hope nothing bad will happen before then). Once we leave Iraq, I believe we can still help them with what they need help with, but more as a pen-pal type person than as an army.

We need our main focus to be on the United states Right now, though. Our country is going to go down in debt and depression if we do not right ourselves. Our money could be better spent here, building back America. I know the Iraqis still need some help and guidence, but it doesn't need as much help as we're giving it. We're only hurting ourselves in the process. If we want to be helpful in the future, we need to help ourselves before we fall, because if we fall, we won't be helping anybody.

No comments: